An average of $247 wasted per user on unused software in a 5-year benchmark study (Source:1E)
Software abandonment is a detrimental cost to company finances and employee efficiency. To avoid software abandonment, there is a fundamental step commonly overlooked: user onboarding. And this includes the setup of a HRIS.
Talentsoft, Workday, Cornerstone, SAP… Whatever HRIS solution you’re using, it is essential to engage your users with quality user onboarding. Discover 3 key steps selected by Lemon Learning to promote the adoption of your HRIS solution from its very first use.
Step 1: Take care of your welcome 2.0
The first rule of onboarding: everyone loves a warm welcome. HRIS onboarding is no exception! As with physical onboarding, the first interactions with a digital environment are significant. The reason? The introduction to a new tool directly affects its rate of adoption!
Supporting your users from their first interaction with your tools can reduce the churn rate by 67%. (Source: Huffington Post)
User onboarding is a key to engaging your users with their HRIS. From the very first use, it directly affects the user (and employee) experience. Conducting your digital onboarding on an HRIS:
- promotes a better digital experience for employees;
- reduces digital frustrations;
- improves user retention in the long term.
So how do you go about onboarding on a HRIS? Let’s take a look at the SAP HRIS.
Communicate with your users on SAP HRIS
So you want to engage your users on SAP HRIS. Make communication count from their very first use. With the Lemon Learning digital adoption solution, you can communicate with different audiences using personalized push notifications. Whether it’s to host directors, business managers, or business teams, you’re able to push the right content to the right user, in just a few clicks. The result? A user welcome that helps promote a lasting commitment to your SAP HRIS!
Step 2: Train your employees in real-time
The second rule of onboarding: train your users. Training helps your employees with all the keys needed to take full advantage of the HRIS. The objective is to master the HRIS and achieve the desired performance it was deployed for. But where to start?
To train your new users effectively in their HRIS, it’s essential to overcome the challenges of digital training.
- Fast HRIS training: your employees have little time to train alongside their tasks. To overcome this issue is microlearning, micro-training modules maximum 3 minutes in length. The result? Better retention of information for better use of the HRIS!
- Practical HRIS training: when it comes to software, the theory is often too far removed from user reality. To get to grips with their HRIS, your employees need practical training in action: directly from their HRIS.
- Customized HRIS training: because your employees use the HRIS in different ways, it is important to adapt to the needs of each individual, including training.
Train your employees in Oracle HRIS
Quick, practical, and scalable training is exactly what Lemon Learning offers for your HRIS. Thanks to interactive embedded guides, your users can learn in real-time directly from their HRIS. We call this approach ‘learning by doing‘, or simply learning in action. In Oracle, your users have access to interactive embedded guides to master functionalities such as absence entry, contracts display, or exceptional bonus editing. The icing on the cake? You can customize your content according to different criteria in just a few clicks!
Step 3: Support your employees daily
Like all business software, HRIS solutions are constantly evolving to allow companies to optimize their digitalization. To help employees keep pace with their tools, it’s essential to provide continual support. For this, there are two key elements:
- The scalability of HRIS training: because HRIS is constantly evolving, it’s essential to have scalable training support that allows you to update your HRIS training easily and quickly.
- Updating HRIS support: as with training, it’s essential that your HRIS computer support can be updated regularly, and with ease.
Content updates should immediately reflect any developments in a tool to prevent user skills obsolescence, a major key to helping users unlock the potential of their HRIS.
Support the evolution of your Workday HRIS
Thanks to the scalable nature of the Lemon Learning solution, it only takes a few clicks to update your training content. On the Workday HRIS, you can add a new guide when a new feature arrives, modify an existing interactive guide if a feature evolves, or even highlight new features in the Workday HRIS via tooltips or push notifications.
Step 4: Measure the user satisfaction of your employees
To ensure quality HRIS onboarding in the long term, it’s essential to remain attentive to your employees’ needs regarding your HRIS. To do this, measuring ROI is essential. Among other things, it allows you to:
- Measure the quality of HRIS onboarding and the user experience on the HRIS.
- Identify the elements to improve and optimize onboarding and the user experience.
- Promote the adoption of your HRIS in a sustainable way
Measure your ROI on Talentsoft
Do you want to measure your ROI on Talentsoft? With the Lemon Learning Analytics, you can access it directly from your HRIS! The data is accessible in real-time, allowing you to identify elements such as the consultation rate of interactive guides or preferred user learning formats. Enough information to optimize the user onboarding of your Talentsoft HRIS with ease and flexibility!
To summarize, here are the four essential steps to HRIS onboarding to engage your users long term:
- Take care to welcome your new users to the HRIS.
- Train your employees in HRIS according to their needs.
- Support your employees daily.
- Measure the ROI.
Honor these 4 simple steps and you’ll be on the road to successful HRIS adoption. Facilitate the commitment of your users from their very first use of their HRIS and throughout its evolution.
If you’d like to follow a real-life example of HRIS onboarding, take a look at our DPD case study. Alternatively, if you have any questions get in touch!